January 18, 2008, Newsletter Issue #100: Auto Insurance and the Leased Car

Tip of the Week

Leased autos are required to have car insurance coverage. The company that is financing your lease -- either the auto dealer or your bank -- will require comprehensive insurance and collision coverage in addition to any coverage required by your state of residence.

Drivers of leased cars may also be required to have gap insurance, a cost that is often rolled into their lease payment. This insurance covers the leased car in the event of an accident that totals the vehicle. The totaled amount issued by the auto insurance company may be less than the amount the driver owes the auto dealer or bank for the auto, and gap insurance covers the difference.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Exclusive Sponsor

CarInsurance.com provides all the information necessary to help our customers make an educated decision when it comes to auto insurance. in addition to the tips provided by LifeTips, we also offer an online Learning Center on our site.

Our Learning Center contains a variety of information from Articles on auto insurance and other car topics, to the last in insurance related news headlines. We also have a Questions & Answers section to help you find answer to some of the most commonly asked questions, and we encourage you to ask your own questions as well.

Stay informed with all the tools available at CarInsurance.com to help you get the most affordable rates for the right coverage.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Car Insurance Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Barbara Gibson